Skip to main content

The Lone guitarist...

Time : 5.42pm
Date : 31st July 2017
Place: Faculty of science, University of Colombo



Enjoying solitude, that's what I was doing until I heard a guitar... Yeah, a guitar... In the heart of the Sci Fac a guitar.. I looked around and  spotted a guy playing a guitar... His eyes were closed as if he's admiring his own play... He was making music... though I didn't know the words of his song, it perfectly matched the environment.. a perfect background music, that's how I felt.. Memories  came flooding back, a flashback of my life.. Then I heard the voice, that voice of the North Korean defector I listened to, in the morning.. " In the rest of the world people are so stressed because they go after materialistic things, Even when I was starving in North Korea I was happy."
 I was trying to figure out what's wrong with me during last few weeks.. And suddenly I knew why.. It's coz I chose it.. I chose this life to be like this.. Faculty of science, the place where scientists are produced is full of stressed people with busy lifestyles..in the middle of such an environment one single person is enjoying what he really loves alone. We can't have happiness if we are chasing it.. Nowadays it's like I will pass this exam and after that I'll enjoy.. We always postpone looking for happiness, and we try looking for it in materialistic things.. Most of us think that to be happy in future, we have to work hard now.. A bigger house, a better car... In the race we will in fact buy a bigger house,but how many will be able to spend time in those? We will work hard then also.. We will only be using those houses just to sleep at night.. Life has become a marathon.. We try looking for happiness in future,but it's within us always..We just have to figure it out... Life is not about money and luxury.. Life is too short for regrets.. It's ok to fail, it's ok not to have an iphone,a benz,a luxury apartment.. but it's not okay to die unhappy.. Life is a short journey..until you reach the final destination,be happy.. :)

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog and spending your valuable time to give me your feedback :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to get 90+ for GCE A/L Chemistry paper..

Well  for most of the people doing A/Ls in science stream, chemistry is a nightmare, especially for physical science students. So today I'm going to tell you how to write to a chemistry paper in a much different way than you always do. Well it worked for me,and you should test this way with a model paper or in a term test before you go to exam.This saves time and also you can easily score 90+.

How to survive A/Ls in 3 months...

Today is the first of May and there are exactly three months until GCE A/L exams begin. I intend to help people who has realized this and started panicking and feeling lost, but not only A/L students but also any student with any upcoming exam can use these tips to ace your exam. I will first explain why most of us usually wait until the day before deadline to do stuff. It's explained by Parkinson's law which states that " Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion". What it means is, if we are given a week to finish a task we will finish it within the week and if we are given an year to finish the same task we will spend the whole year doing it. Well that's how usually us, lazy humans work. Now that you know what happened there is no time to regret about how we procrastinated on unnecessary things etc. Now it's time to damage control. I will not gurantee you will get 3As by following these. (It's possible depending on

Good books for students studying for GCE A/L examination...

As we all know A/Ls is a very tough exam and you will not be able to finish it successfully by just studying.It needs practice,timing and all.So the best way to do it is do exercises and improve knowledge,i did A/Ls in physical science stream and in sinhala medium,so based on my experience i will recommend anyone to use following books.There may be books better than following list,but books below were used by me. Chemistry almost every book by hemachandra basnayaka Akabanika rasayanaya by Aruna Bandara (there are two books for inorganic chemistry,these books will help you in for the doubts you will have in doing mcqs) Akabanika rasayana pilibanda gunathmaka ha pramanathmaka wishleshanaya by Ranga gunarathna(this also will help you in mcqs) Organic chemistry by jayathilaka(this book is very good and it will help you to understand concepts in organic chemistry better) Physics Prof D.D.N balo dayas' books yanthra vidyawa by lakshaman dissanayaka(questionsin this book  are