Skip to main content

Reminiscence; A walk down the memory lane


First of all I'm so sorry about not posting anything for a while (More than 3 months...). I was super busy and 2018 started with lot of excitement (yup, it's still exciting) and since this is the first post for this year I thought of starting things with a recap. Sounds good ha? So lets get started.

2017 aka the sophomore year in my uni life began with lots of stress ( I messed up my first year as I mentioned in my previous posts so I had lot to catch up) and tension. I lost my girl (it's a cat) too. So it didn't start well to be honest, but after lots of struggles I was back in track. The most exciting thing happened in 2017 is me discovering my mbti type ( I'm an INTJ and I'm so proud of it. So you might have seen me bragging about it all the time..haha). For people who has no idea about mbti let me explain it. It's a personality type indicator which was made by two scientists. You just have to answer some questions and a 4 letter type will come out as the result. It's kind of hard to believe how accurately that 4 letters  describe you. So if you don't know your mbti just try it. I learned my strengths and weaknesses through it and it helped me a lot in understanding myself.

So now back to business. In our faculty we have to select a field of study to specialize in junior and senior years. The sole purpose of my existence in the science faculty is to study Nuclear medicine and therefore I have to do all the physics courses well to get selected. Even though it's challenging for a physical science student to study a branch of medicine it was my lifelong dream. Unfortunately on the day of the practical examination something  happened. I decided to go 2 hours earlier than usual and a man reversed his car into mine and BAM !! Trust me it was a disaster. A policeman came and asked us to have a chat and that man was denying his fault. It went for 2 hours and only 30 minutes were remaining.. So I had to hurry and go to the exam. I was running and breathless when I entered the lab finally. I was angry at the policeman and the other driver and congratulations.. I messed up the exam. So I had to do the others papers really well and I was depressed. I thought the whole year was a bad one until the very last month.

PC : Vindula Kumaranayake

The only thing I did for enjoyment until then was to read books sitting under the bench near the physics department. Then there was the second year batch trip. Thanks to my almost 100% introversion I don't talk with people and thanks to my intj stare people don't talk with me either. So I was like I will go there oneday, not this time.. And two of my friends forced me to go there. It's a famous mountain range in hill country for its beauty ( I will make another blog post about this hike) and finally I decided to go there. It was thrilling and I really enjoyed it. (A big thank you for everybody who helped me) And the only good thing happened to me in 2017 was the trip. To be honest it was the turning point in my life. Finally 2017 ended with a smile on my face. :)

So that's all for today, and I will see you in another post soon. Oh by the way finally I'm living my dream now :) Have a nice day !!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get 90+ for GCE A/L Chemistry paper..

Well  for most of the people doing A/Ls in science stream, chemistry is a nightmare, especially for physical science students. So today I'm going to tell you how to write to a chemistry paper in a much different way than you always do. Well it worked for me,and you should test this way with a model paper or in a term test before you go to exam.This saves time and also you can easily score 90+.

How to survive A/Ls in 3 months...

Today is the first of May and there are exactly three months until GCE A/L exams begin. I intend to help people who has realized this and started panicking and feeling lost, but not only A/L students but also any student with any upcoming exam can use these tips to ace your exam. I will first explain why most of us usually wait until the day before deadline to do stuff. It's explained by Parkinson's law which states that " Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion". What it means is, if we are given a week to finish a task we will finish it within the week and if we are given an year to finish the same task we will spend the whole year doing it. Well that's how usually us, lazy humans work. Now that you know what happened there is no time to regret about how we procrastinated on unnecessary things etc. Now it's time to damage control. I will not gurantee you will get 3As by following these. (It's possible depending on

Good books for students studying for GCE A/L examination...

As we all know A/Ls is a very tough exam and you will not be able to finish it successfully by just studying.It needs practice,timing and all.So the best way to do it is do exercises and improve knowledge,i did A/Ls in physical science stream and in sinhala medium,so based on my experience i will recommend anyone to use following books.There may be books better than following list,but books below were used by me. Chemistry almost every book by hemachandra basnayaka Akabanika rasayanaya by Aruna Bandara (there are two books for inorganic chemistry,these books will help you in for the doubts you will have in doing mcqs) Akabanika rasayana pilibanda gunathmaka ha pramanathmaka wishleshanaya by Ranga gunarathna(this also will help you in mcqs) Organic chemistry by jayathilaka(this book is very good and it will help you to understand concepts in organic chemistry better) Physics Prof D.D.N balo dayas' books yanthra vidyawa by lakshaman dissanayaka(questionsin this book  are