Skip to main content

April Bookworm..




" She reads books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live. " - Annie Dillard

That's something you would say if you know me. Yeah I read. Alot. I don't honestly remember when I started reading.. But I can clearly remember Radiant way English book that I used to read in Nursery. I literally read everything which has letters printed/written in and my mom thought it's a good idea to get me the membership of local library. By the second grade I finished reading all the books in the library and wanted more. So mom bought me books.. It was a habit of us to visit the local bookstore at least once a month. Soon books started piling up but was that enough for me? NO... I wanted more.. and more books. As a result of collecting books for about 18 years I have a huge library in my house and also proud to say that I won the 4th place of an all island library competition when I was in seventh grade.
  So why am I telling all this? Because after a long time I had the pleasure of enjoying books and did I waste a second?? NOOO... Today I'm gonna post a list of books I read in April.. Actually I read the most of them in last week. I will not review books, but two books moved me the most.. It was Ugly by Constace Briscoe and Book thief by Markus Zusak.

Ugly by Constance Briscoe




Book Thief by Markus Zusak



Talon of the Silver Hawk by Raymond E. Feist



The invisible man by H.G.Wells



Count of Monte Cristo Book Series by Alexandar Dumas


Ghost stories (Hardy Boys) by Franklin W. Dixon


Nancy Drew : The flying saucer mystery by Carolyne Keene
(For those who don't know, I'm a huge Nancy Drew fan)

                                                          Image result for nancy drew flying saucer mystery


The red dress by Gabi Halberstam

                                                          Image result for the red dress book by gabi

Amphibian man by Alexander Beliave

Image result for amphibian man book


Nancy Drew : Emerald eyed cat mystery
                                                             
                                                       Image result for nancy drew and the emerald eyed cat

Keys of Hell by Jack Higgins

                                          Image result for keys of hell jack higgins

Adaraneeya Victoria by Mohan Raj Madawala

                                                        
                                                       Image result for adaraneeya victoria

All the other books I read are Sinhala books which I will mention below.

  • Naralowa Holman by Chandra Anagirathna
  • Lochana by Chandrasiri Dodangoda
  • Dura Kandu matha akunu by Badrajee Mahinda
  • Himi Gamanak Gihin
  • Dombagala Nidanaya by Badrajee Mahinda
  • Ulamage Rathriya by Badrajee Mahinda
  • Bodilimage Shapaya by Badrajee Mahinda
  • Wakkalama by Jayasena Jayakodi
  • Kala Mal by T.B. Ilangarathne
  • Sada Muhude Wikramaya By P.B.Senanayake


Until I see you in a next post, Happy Reading !!!

P.S. If there are any Nancy Drew fans don't forget to inbox me. (ruviperera780@gmail.com)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get 90+ for GCE A/L Chemistry paper..

Well  for most of the people doing A/Ls in science stream, chemistry is a nightmare, especially for physical science students. So today I'm going to tell you how to write to a chemistry paper in a much different way than you always do. Well it worked for me,and you should test this way with a model paper or in a term test before you go to exam.This saves time and also you can easily score 90+.

How to survive A/Ls in 3 months...

Today is the first of May and there are exactly three months until GCE A/L exams begin. I intend to help people who has realized this and started panicking and feeling lost, but not only A/L students but also any student with any upcoming exam can use these tips to ace your exam. I will first explain why most of us usually wait until the day before deadline to do stuff. It's explained by Parkinson's law which states that " Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion". What it means is, if we are given a week to finish a task we will finish it within the week and if we are given an year to finish the same task we will spend the whole year doing it. Well that's how usually us, lazy humans work. Now that you know what happened there is no time to regret about how we procrastinated on unnecessary things etc. Now it's time to damage control. I will not gurantee you will get 3As by following these. (It's possible depending on

Good books for students studying for GCE A/L examination...

As we all know A/Ls is a very tough exam and you will not be able to finish it successfully by just studying.It needs practice,timing and all.So the best way to do it is do exercises and improve knowledge,i did A/Ls in physical science stream and in sinhala medium,so based on my experience i will recommend anyone to use following books.There may be books better than following list,but books below were used by me. Chemistry almost every book by hemachandra basnayaka Akabanika rasayanaya by Aruna Bandara (there are two books for inorganic chemistry,these books will help you in for the doubts you will have in doing mcqs) Akabanika rasayana pilibanda gunathmaka ha pramanathmaka wishleshanaya by Ranga gunarathna(this also will help you in mcqs) Organic chemistry by jayathilaka(this book is very good and it will help you to understand concepts in organic chemistry better) Physics Prof D.D.N balo dayas' books yanthra vidyawa by lakshaman dissanayaka(questionsin this book  are