Skip to main content

You look happier...

"You look happier!" is in my opinion one of the best compliments a person can get. I do get compliments everyday from my colleagues and friends, but am I happy? I am trying to be... but I kinda am in dark place right now. Why am I telling you this now... Sometimes reading about similar situations helps people. They relate what happens to them with the stories they read and sometimes it is relieving to know that somebody else's story resonates with yours. 

                                             Woman, Sad, Depression, Skin, Naked, Nude, Headache

As I always say I try to be healthy. I am a vegetarian. I drink 3 litres of water daily, I take my vitamins, I workout, and I do full body medical checkups from time to time. So nothing could go wrong right? I'm a textbook healthy person. But mentally it's not the case. I do have ptsd from a prolonged trauma I wish not to talk about but I was maintaining my stress levels. But with the injury to my back ( it was a slipped lumbar spinal disc first but now its compressing a nerve) I am daily going through an unbearable pain. I usually have a 2 hours journey in the morning to the university( I am not allowed to be in the same position for more than 20 minutes but do I have a choice but to sit down in a bus?) and straight go to the lecture hall to use 3 chairs as a temporary bed. None of the prescribed high dose painkillers are working so the ortho surgeon even gave a fluoroscopy guided corticosteroid injection. Still it's not working. Site of pain is swollen and I am unable to sit for more than 10 minutes anymore. I am also not allowed to workout and therefore I'm losing my body alongside my sanity. 

I keep getting emotionally abused on a daily basis yet I have nothing to do about it because it has nothing to do with me. What's happening to me has nothing to do with me and it is only the fault of the abusers. If you are someone who is going through the same please know that it's never your fault. There are some people who are broken and what's happening to you is out of your control. You absolutely cannot change another persons behaviour. You are a victim but you do not need to see yourself as weak. Leave the toxic environment asap and be strong. I do understand that there is a point where you can't take it anymore and feeling like quitting. But you my dear are too beautiful to quit. You do not have to quit because someone else doesn't know how to respect another human being. (Why do I feel like I'm talking to myself. Haha!) 

Everyday is a struggle. Days are longer and nights are darker. Every scorn and mockery suffocates me and I pray that the evil may gain a heart of wisdom before he eleventh hour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get 90+ for GCE A/L Chemistry paper..

Well  for most of the people doing A/Ls in science stream, chemistry is a nightmare, especially for physical science students. So today I'm going to tell you how to write to a chemistry paper in a much different way than you always do. Well it worked for me,and you should test this way with a model paper or in a term test before you go to exam.This saves time and also you can easily score 90+.

How to survive A/Ls in 3 months...

Today is the first of May and there are exactly three months until GCE A/L exams begin. I intend to help people who has realized this and started panicking and feeling lost, but not only A/L students but also any student with any upcoming exam can use these tips to ace your exam. I will first explain why most of us usually wait until the day before deadline to do stuff. It's explained by Parkinson's law which states that " Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion". What it means is, if we are given a week to finish a task we will finish it within the week and if we are given an year to finish the same task we will spend the whole year doing it. Well that's how usually us, lazy humans work. Now that you know what happened there is no time to regret about how we procrastinated on unnecessary things etc. Now it's time to damage control. I will not gurantee you will get 3As by following these. (It's possible depending on

Good books for students studying for GCE A/L examination...

As we all know A/Ls is a very tough exam and you will not be able to finish it successfully by just studying.It needs practice,timing and all.So the best way to do it is do exercises and improve knowledge,i did A/Ls in physical science stream and in sinhala medium,so based on my experience i will recommend anyone to use following books.There may be books better than following list,but books below were used by me. Chemistry almost every book by hemachandra basnayaka Akabanika rasayanaya by Aruna Bandara (there are two books for inorganic chemistry,these books will help you in for the doubts you will have in doing mcqs) Akabanika rasayana pilibanda gunathmaka ha pramanathmaka wishleshanaya by Ranga gunarathna(this also will help you in mcqs) Organic chemistry by jayathilaka(this book is very good and it will help you to understand concepts in organic chemistry better) Physics Prof D.D.N balo dayas' books yanthra vidyawa by lakshaman dissanayaka(questionsin this book  are