Skip to main content

By the skin of my teeth..

A time I narrowly avoided a disaster..This is also one of my golden era experiences (to read more of those posts click HERE) In grade 12 we were supposed to do a group project and ours was to help a sick girl in the class next to us.She had a problem in her both kidneys.So our plan was to sell stickers,collect money and give it to her parents to use for her hospital fees.

So early in the morning we had our share of stickers and me and my friend decided to sell them together.We had a free period and we were going all over the school selling them.When we were going near a grade 11 class we saw that a teacher was not teaching at the moment and when we asked students from that class they said "Our teacher won't come today".So we explained our purpose and started selling it.We noticed that some students who were outside the class suddenly started running (our principal usually walk all over the school whenever she is free and we are not suppose to be outside if it's not the interval.So when we see somebody is running that's a signal that our principal is coming) That day unfortunately we didn't care it that much. Then we saw our principal is coming towards this class.A student in that class yelled at us "Sis,sit here,quickly" There was an empty seat in the last row and I sat there.All I had was my friends chemistry practical book and there were tons of stickers inside that book.I was terrified coz it's one of our principals habits to check students books.So if she check it she'll definitely know that we do not belong to this class and we'll get punished.

I started praying please don't come to this class.... But she did.She saw that nobody is teaching this class and came to find out whats wrong with it.Then she asked a student in a front raw what they were supposed to learn in that period.She knew that the teacher was absent on that day and started scolding.." Unit tests just ended and you are shouting??You have a term test in next month,have you forgotten?? " Then she said "wait a second,is this a grade 10 class or a 11 class." She went outside to check which grade she is in and a one girl started laughing.Principal got angry and started shouting at her..Then she looked at me...................and started walking towards me.....Oh my god...I'm going to get caught red handed....That's all I was thinking...And then she said "These students,oh my god..you live in a garbage dump here...(There were some pieces of papers near the dustbin and I was the one who was sitting near the dustbin) She pointed me and said "You,put those into dustbin." I happily did that :) ... And she waited till I do it and the went....Oh my god...We finally escaped!!

Similar posts..

Close call..
Naked,with black socks..

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to get 90+ for GCE A/L Chemistry paper..

Well  for most of the people doing A/Ls in science stream, chemistry is a nightmare, especially for physical science students. So today I'm going to tell you how to write to a chemistry paper in a much different way than you always do. Well it worked for me,and you should test this way with a model paper or in a term test before you go to exam.This saves time and also you can easily score 90+.

How to survive A/Ls in 3 months...

Today is the first of May and there are exactly three months until GCE A/L exams begin. I intend to help people who has realized this and started panicking and feeling lost, but not only A/L students but also any student with any upcoming exam can use these tips to ace your exam. I will first explain why most of us usually wait until the day before deadline to do stuff. It's explained by Parkinson's law which states that " Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion". What it means is, if we are given a week to finish a task we will finish it within the week and if we are given an year to finish the same task we will spend the whole year doing it. Well that's how usually us, lazy humans work. Now that you know what happened there is no time to regret about how we procrastinated on unnecessary things etc. Now it's time to damage control. I will not gurantee you will get 3As by following these. (It's possible depending on

Good books for students studying for GCE A/L examination...

As we all know A/Ls is a very tough exam and you will not be able to finish it successfully by just studying.It needs practice,timing and all.So the best way to do it is do exercises and improve knowledge,i did A/Ls in physical science stream and in sinhala medium,so based on my experience i will recommend anyone to use following books.There may be books better than following list,but books below were used by me. Chemistry almost every book by hemachandra basnayaka Akabanika rasayanaya by Aruna Bandara (there are two books for inorganic chemistry,these books will help you in for the doubts you will have in doing mcqs) Akabanika rasayana pilibanda gunathmaka ha pramanathmaka wishleshanaya by Ranga gunarathna(this also will help you in mcqs) Organic chemistry by jayathilaka(this book is very good and it will help you to understand concepts in organic chemistry better) Physics Prof D.D.N balo dayas' books yanthra vidyawa by lakshaman dissanayaka(questionsin this book  are