Skip to main content

Anybody can bake Pizza....

                              Pizza, Basil, Garlic, Crust, Sauce, Food

Admit it, we all love pizza. This Italy originated mouth watering food has touched almost everybody's heart at least once in their life time. The modern pizza was originally made in Naples and by today around 3 billions of pizzas are sold per year in United States. 

As a kid I always wanted to eat Pizza but a Pizzahut was not nearby. Therefore we went to the nearby supermarket to buy pizza bread and cheese to make homemade pizza. After few years a new pizzahut was opened in our area and I was not happy with their service at all. We received half burned pizza from that outlet and my impression about pizzahut was ruined. Years later one of my friends literally dragged me in the Havelock city pizza hut branch and that pizza we had that day was so good. So far I have tried Pizza huts Cheese and Onion, Cheese and tomato, Cheese lovers, Veg pizza with  paneer, Hawaiian and Pizza  Margarita. 



I enjoyed their food during my stay at Colombo 03 last year and after I moved I recently, I started craving for pizza again. I went to supermarket again but no pizza bread to buy there. Unfortunately they have run out of stock. So I thought Why not? I should try making them myself. Pizza dough is the one difficult to make, topping is very easy. So let me tell you my secret to a pizza tastier than pizza huts pizza. After trying a few times I found a perfect pizza dough recipe.Trust me this is the best pizza recipe you will ever find. 
For pizza dough you'll need,
My very first pizza I made with this recipe
  • 200g of flour
  • 2 tsp of instant yeast
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp oil (I used sunflower oil)
  • Garlic powder (optional)
  • water

Directions..

  • First put mix instant yeast, sugar and a little bit of water (about 3 tbsps)
  • Then add all the other ingredients except water and mix well.
  • Add water little by little and make a non sticky dough
  • You can immediately turn the dough into circle shapes and add any topping you like.
  • I usually add mozzarella cheese, onions, tomatoes etc.
  • And put your homemade pizza into a preheated oven (215C) for 13-15 minutes.
  • Enjoy your yummy homemade pizza. 

My pizza topping
After discovering this recipe, for weeks pizza is my dinner. No more visits to dominos or pizza hut. I'm eating homemade pizzas now. Let me know if you have anymore tips and different pizza recipes or topping ideas. Stay safe!!!      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get 90+ for GCE A/L Chemistry paper..

Well  for most of the people doing A/Ls in science stream, chemistry is a nightmare, especially for physical science students. So today I'm going to tell you how to write to a chemistry paper in a much different way than you always do. Well it worked for me,and you should test this way with a model paper or in a term test before you go to exam.This saves time and also you can easily score 90+.

How to survive A/Ls in 3 months...

Today is the first of May and there are exactly three months until GCE A/L exams begin. I intend to help people who has realized this and started panicking and feeling lost, but not only A/L students but also any student with any upcoming exam can use these tips to ace your exam. I will first explain why most of us usually wait until the day before deadline to do stuff. It's explained by Parkinson's law which states that " Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion". What it means is, if we are given a week to finish a task we will finish it within the week and if we are given an year to finish the same task we will spend the whole year doing it. Well that's how usually us, lazy humans work. Now that you know what happened there is no time to regret about how we procrastinated on unnecessary things etc. Now it's time to damage control. I will not gurantee you will get 3As by following these. (It's possible depending on

Good books for students studying for GCE A/L examination...

As we all know A/Ls is a very tough exam and you will not be able to finish it successfully by just studying.It needs practice,timing and all.So the best way to do it is do exercises and improve knowledge,i did A/Ls in physical science stream and in sinhala medium,so based on my experience i will recommend anyone to use following books.There may be books better than following list,but books below were used by me. Chemistry almost every book by hemachandra basnayaka Akabanika rasayanaya by Aruna Bandara (there are two books for inorganic chemistry,these books will help you in for the doubts you will have in doing mcqs) Akabanika rasayana pilibanda gunathmaka ha pramanathmaka wishleshanaya by Ranga gunarathna(this also will help you in mcqs) Organic chemistry by jayathilaka(this book is very good and it will help you to understand concepts in organic chemistry better) Physics Prof D.D.N balo dayas' books yanthra vidyawa by lakshaman dissanayaka(questionsin this book  are