Skip to main content

A day in my life

As I previously mentioned I am a Teaching Assistant at the UOC and today I will be sharing with you how I normally spend a day when I don't work. I wake up early. If I go to work I wake up 4 5ish and if not its 5,6ish. The first thing I do as soon as I wake up is downloading things to watch while working out. It can be anything from tedtalks to some episodes of a TV series I like. As you all know I'm living with a slipped disc in my spinal cord and I am given a set of exercises to follow on a daily basis. Therefore I wake up early morning, have a black coffee and exercise. Once I'm done I have a bath because I sweat a lot. haha. I also follow a skincare routine if any one of you are curious. I use several products from different brand though. My face wash is ponds, scrub is prevense, toner is forever and finally moisturiser is shello.

And then I prepare my breakfast. Usually it's an egg toast with grilled broccoli and tomatoes or I simply have a banana oats smoothie with honey. Since I am a ovo-vegetarian that is how I get my daily protein intake. While enjoying my breakfast I either watch Netflix or check my emails and WhatsApp. And then I sync the data from my mi band to the phone and evaluate yesterdays progress. 

As I am given tons of prerequisites from my university I am currently working on those day and night and I try to finish them as much as I can. It's not a field that I have been in before nor related to my Bachelors. So it is hard but I don't give up. At around 10 o clock I start preparing my lunch which is usually rice and curries. I love cooking as you are well aware of, and also I'm a fitness freak. Therefore I balance all the nutrients and incorporate fresh ingredients to my meals all the time. Again during the lunch I read a book or watch an episode of some tv series and go back to work. In the evening if I'm feeling hungry I would normally have a smoothie. ( Yeah a lot of smoothies.... I know. But I love those) And around 5 or 6 I workout again. After taking a shower I move onto my most favourite part of the day, planning the next day. Meal planning, choosing an outfit, matching jewellery etc. For dinner I have a soup and if possible I meal prep for the following day. And then I meditate, put on an aloe mask and simply go to sleep. 

Sounds pretty solid right? But if you think it goes smoothly everyday, then you are mistaken. I have my own share of failures, mental breakdowns and also joyous moments. What's more important is that I am surrounded by good people that I can count on for anything. Shoulders to cry on and  celebrate success over a warm plate of food. It is a luxury no amount of money can buy. Here is a small advice. Do not take for granted the people in your life and be kind, be there when they need a hand, that way you are gonna get a friend who will be with you till the end. Always always keep the well wishers around you and do not hesitate to cut out negative people. As I grew old (I know there is a long way ahead of me... but there are lessons I learned living one quarter of a century) I understood that nothing matters more than your health; mental and physical. I cannot stress this enough, but be nice to yourself. Take care of your body; eat healthy, drink water, skin care, meditate and most importantly cut out any toxicity. Never ever let anything compromise your health. If something stresses you out and puts you to an edge trust me it's not worthy.

With that I will stop for today but I have loads of new articles on the way. So stay tuned! Stay awesome!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get 90+ for GCE A/L Chemistry paper..

Well  for most of the people doing A/Ls in science stream, chemistry is a nightmare, especially for physical science students. So today I'm going to tell you how to write to a chemistry paper in a much different way than you always do. Well it worked for me,and you should test this way with a model paper or in a term test before you go to exam.This saves time and also you can easily score 90+.

How to survive A/Ls in 3 months...

Today is the first of May and there are exactly three months until GCE A/L exams begin. I intend to help people who has realized this and started panicking and feeling lost, but not only A/L students but also any student with any upcoming exam can use these tips to ace your exam. I will first explain why most of us usually wait until the day before deadline to do stuff. It's explained by Parkinson's law which states that " Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion". What it means is, if we are given a week to finish a task we will finish it within the week and if we are given an year to finish the same task we will spend the whole year doing it. Well that's how usually us, lazy humans work. Now that you know what happened there is no time to regret about how we procrastinated on unnecessary things etc. Now it's time to damage control. I will not gurantee you will get 3As by following these. (It's possible depending on

Good books for students studying for GCE A/L examination...

As we all know A/Ls is a very tough exam and you will not be able to finish it successfully by just studying.It needs practice,timing and all.So the best way to do it is do exercises and improve knowledge,i did A/Ls in physical science stream and in sinhala medium,so based on my experience i will recommend anyone to use following books.There may be books better than following list,but books below were used by me. Chemistry almost every book by hemachandra basnayaka Akabanika rasayanaya by Aruna Bandara (there are two books for inorganic chemistry,these books will help you in for the doubts you will have in doing mcqs) Akabanika rasayana pilibanda gunathmaka ha pramanathmaka wishleshanaya by Ranga gunarathna(this also will help you in mcqs) Organic chemistry by jayathilaka(this book is very good and it will help you to understand concepts in organic chemistry better) Physics Prof D.D.N balo dayas' books yanthra vidyawa by lakshaman dissanayaka(questionsin this book  are