Skip to main content

Mon école

Now I'm sure most of you are wondering what is that. Mon école is my school in French. I'm not going to write an essay about my school saying like my school is this.. it was built in this year by this person etc.. I'm going to tell you how I saw it for the first time as a 11 years old kid and now how I see it as a 21 years old person... So yeah.. I stepped in to that school 10 years ago. Even though I'm studying in university now, I still wish if I could spend some more years at school.... It is a lot more different than you could ever imagine. Well you can say.. what is so special about it? It's also just another school..But trust me, you have to study here to understand what's so special about this school.



As I said before a 11 years old girl stepped into that school on 7th of February 2006. The first thought I had was, "Wow.. It is so huge.." Girls were chattering happily here and there and they didn't even notice me (hehe). I was looking curiously.. Everything was new to me, a famous school in capital. Most of the girls were speaking in English..( And I was like Oh my god,what am I suppose to do now? Will I have to speak in English too? OH NOOO... I will go back to my old school then..). All the new students (there were 125) and their parents had to wait in the main hall for a while.. I saw many faces, anxious, happy, sad... and what's more they were from different areas in the country.. north, south, upcountry etc.. I was excited.. coz before I only knew students in my area..

With time this school gave me so many things which made me a different person. I learned the value of a girls smile from this school.(which is why I don't smile with each and every person I see.. hehe most of the people ask me why don't you smile always..Now I will answer) In our society a girl should live in a respectful manner. According to what I learned, a girl should has a pride. (now that doesn't mean you have to be proud of everything you have..it simply means that being a girl is a thing to be proud of and we have to protect it) When we smile all the time then it won't have a value right? If I smile often then there will be no value. But since I smile rarely, once I smile with someone then they know that I mean something. Personally I don't like girls shouting and laughing louder like they have no manners at all..( I have seen this type of people in my university)

And also using language. We are always suppose to keep our standards no matter where we go. Even though we go to another country, live here or what, we have to be polite and talk to people properly. I have seen many people using slang which I personally don't appreciate. In my opinion the words you speak shows your class and your values to others. ( I had an argument with a friend in university about this matter..so feel free to comment if you don't agree with me) Many people in our university uses slang. If I ask them why do you do so.. they will say well that's how everyone speaks eh? In many villages and other parts of the country people normally talk like that. So we also should adapt. Then what about the school? There are many students representing many areas of the country, but all of them speak properly. I have never heard students talking in that way in my school. (I'm not bragging here..) They adapt to the system in the school. We should not behave badly even though the whole world is doing that. Even now I don't use slang though people around me always use it. That courage was given to me by my school. To say wrong to something wrong and to do the right thing.

Another thing I learned there is to accept if I do something wrong, before someone points it out. Telling the truth always is something I learned from grade 7 science teacher.. There are numerous lessons I learned other than academics.. So what I wanted to tell you is that, If I have some good qualities you value, then all those are thanks to my school. It gave me a bunch of good friends(most of them are in the same university now,which makes me happy), a good education and a brighter future. It coloured my life and changed me completely... Like Tomo to totto chan, VV made me to think differently.. I will end this from a verse in a song made by a girl in our school.. (I'm so sorry that it's in my language and foreigners will not understand it)


     සඳ කිරණ ගංගා දිදුලන රෑ යම
     අහස පුරා රැඳි තරු කැකුළු අපි
      පිනි බිඳු වියැකෙන මිහිරි උදෑසන
      තටු සලනා සමනල්ලු අපි..

Even though I wanted to stop, I just can't.. Hehe.. Like stars we will shine no matter where we are.. With the motto "One is cleansed by wisdom only"you educated and lightened thousands of girls lives within past century.. So I wish that you will continue your glorious journey educating our children,their children,and their children... We are the past, We are the preset,We will be the future.. We are Visakhians..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get 90+ for GCE A/L Chemistry paper..

Well  for most of the people doing A/Ls in science stream, chemistry is a nightmare, especially for physical science students. So today I'm going to tell you how to write to a chemistry paper in a much different way than you always do. Well it worked for me,and you should test this way with a model paper or in a term test before you go to exam.This saves time and also you can easily score 90+.

How to survive A/Ls in 3 months...

Today is the first of May and there are exactly three months until GCE A/L exams begin. I intend to help people who has realized this and started panicking and feeling lost, but not only A/L students but also any student with any upcoming exam can use these tips to ace your exam. I will first explain why most of us usually wait until the day before deadline to do stuff. It's explained by Parkinson's law which states that " Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion". What it means is, if we are given a week to finish a task we will finish it within the week and if we are given an year to finish the same task we will spend the whole year doing it. Well that's how usually us, lazy humans work. Now that you know what happened there is no time to regret about how we procrastinated on unnecessary things etc. Now it's time to damage control. I will not gurantee you will get 3As by following these. (It's possible depending on

Good books for students studying for GCE A/L examination...

As we all know A/Ls is a very tough exam and you will not be able to finish it successfully by just studying.It needs practice,timing and all.So the best way to do it is do exercises and improve knowledge,i did A/Ls in physical science stream and in sinhala medium,so based on my experience i will recommend anyone to use following books.There may be books better than following list,but books below were used by me. Chemistry almost every book by hemachandra basnayaka Akabanika rasayanaya by Aruna Bandara (there are two books for inorganic chemistry,these books will help you in for the doubts you will have in doing mcqs) Akabanika rasayana pilibanda gunathmaka ha pramanathmaka wishleshanaya by Ranga gunarathna(this also will help you in mcqs) Organic chemistry by jayathilaka(this book is very good and it will help you to understand concepts in organic chemistry better) Physics Prof D.D.N balo dayas' books yanthra vidyawa by lakshaman dissanayaka(questionsin this book  are